- 5 ounces baby arugula (about 5–6 handfuls)
- 1/2 fennel bulb or 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn or sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, sliced
- zest of 1 lemon (yellow part only)
- 2 nectarines (or peaches), pitted and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- In a large prep bowl, toss together arugula, fennel, basil, mint, and lemon zest.
- Using tongs, lightly dress salad with some of the lemon-white balsamic vinaigrette (below).
- Place salad onto individual salad plates or one large salad bowl or platter.
- Decorate the salad with nectarines and tomatoes. Drizzle with a little extra dressing, if desired.
- Whisk together lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil (drizzle in slowly), a couple large pinches of sea salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Add some crumbled feta cheese, cubed fresh mozzarella, or some kind of toasted nut (sliced almonds, pistachios, or pecans) to the top of the salad along with the nectarines and tomatoes.
- Sub peaches for nectarines, which usually come out earlier in the summer than nectarines.