Southwestern Salad is one of my favorite salads to bring to parties and potluck gatherings. This salad is vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy.Print
- 2 cups sweet corn (fresh cut off the cob or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground New Mexico chile pepper (or other mild ground chile)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- a few grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup pepitas, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss together corn, olive oil, ground chile, salt, and pepper in mixing bowl. Spread evenly onto sheet pan. Roast corn for about 15 minutes, tossing once or twice during cooking to prevent burning. Corn should be just starting to brown a little. Remove to a plate or bowl and allow to cool while prepping other salad ingredients.
- On a large platter or salad bowl, layer lettuce, roasted corn, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado, tomatoes, and pepitas.
- Serve with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
- Slice 3 or 4 fresh corn tortillas into ½ ” x 1″ strips and pan fry in a little olive oil until crispy. When cool, use as an additional salad topping.