Try this light and refreshing shaved salad as a side to almost any meal. Radishes are good at dissolving fat, while green apple and lemon have the sour taste that is cleansing for the liver and gall bladder. The mint garnish gives it a super fresh taste!Print
- 1 daikon radish or 1 bunch red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed and peeled into wide strips
- a few pinches sea salt
- 1 green apple, cored, cut into quarters, then thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into thin quarter moons
- handful fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- Place daikon and carrot into a large bowl. Massage sea salt into vegetables for a minute or two, until vegetables are shiny.
- Add green apple, lemon juice, and umeboshi vinegar (if using). Toss to coat the entire salad.
- Plate salad with sliced lemon and fresh mint leaf slivers.
- Umeboshi vinegar will add a salty, sour taste to the salad.
- Add 1/2 bulb fresh fennel, cored and thinly sliced.