- 1/2 cup (115 g) palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 cans coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 cup pistachios, toasted (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals or rosebuds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom seed
- Place ice cream maker canister in the freezer 1-2 days before making ice cream.
- Heat sugar and 1 can coconut milk on low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender, combine sugar mixture, second can of coconut milk, pistachios, rose water, and almond extract until smooth. This is your ice cream base. Refrigerate mixture for several hours or overnight.
- Set up ice cream maker (make sure paddle is inside the canister) and pour the chilled ice cream base into the canister. Turn on the ice cream maker and freeze until volume has doubled and it has a texture similar to soft serve. This will take about 20-30 minutes.
- Place ice cream into a quart-sized plastic deli tub or gelato container. Put in the freezer if you are not going to eat immediately.
- When ready to serve, set ice cream container out on the counter for about 5-10 minutes before trying to scoop it into bowls. Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of dried rose petals, cardamom, and pistachios.
- Instead of garnishing with rose petals try drizzling with pomegranate syrup. It’s delicious!