These no-bake energy bars are the perfect post-workout or lunchbox snack. They are packed with nutrients including complex carbohydrates, protein, fat, and many trace minerals.
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup (Suzanne’s Specialties Genmai Rice Nectar recommmended)
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- a few grinds Himalayan sea salt or a large pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (One Degree or Erewhon brands recommended)
- 1/2 cup organic green pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1 tablespoon dulse flakes
- 1 tablespoon unhulled sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 piece parchment paper
- In heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat brown rice syrup, almond butter, and salt over low to medium heat until bubbly and well combined. Remove from heat and stir in coconut oil if the mixture is too thick (depends on the brand of syrup you use).
- Add cereal, pepeitas, raisins, and dulse flakes to the almond butter mixture and fold in until well combined using a heat-proof rubber spatula or wooden spoon coated with a little coconut oil.
- Lay piece of parchment paper on a flat surface (large cutting board or countertop).
- When mixture has cooled to the point you can handle it without getting burned, and turn mixture onto parchment paper. Moisten fingertips with a little water, and press down into an even layer, about 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and lightly press down.
- Using a sharp chef knife, cut into bars or squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or refrigerate if storing more than a few days.