- 1/3 cup pecans, broken into pieces
- ¾ teaspoon tamari or coconut aminos
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar reduction
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pecans on rimmed sheet pan and toast 8-10 minutes. When evenly toasted, remove from the oven into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with tamari and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim brussels sprouts and cut in half (or in quarters if very large). Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Spread brussels sprouts out onto large sheet pan (or two smaller sheet pans) and roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- While roasting the brussels sprouts, combine maple syrup and garlic. After 12 minutes, give the brussels sprouts a stir and add maple syrup and garlic mixture. Continue to roast until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove brussels sprouts to a platter. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- For a large platter mounded with brussels sprouts, you’ll need to use about 5 pounds of Brussels sprouts.