- 2 large avocados, ripe
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons umeboshi (ume plum) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits and any bruises, and scoop flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork until it is a chunky consitency (do not overblend).
- Gently mix in other ingredients.
- Adjust sea salt to taste.
- Put guacamole into serving bowl.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Umeboshi vinegar goes really well with avocado owing to its salty and sour tastes. However, if you don’t have any, you can use more lime juice and sea salt in place of the umeboshi vinegar.