- 4 cedar wraps with kitchen twine (Fire & Flavor brand recommended)
- 4 4 to 6-ounce halibut fillets
- unrefined sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass mint white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a few sprigs Thai basil
- Place cedar wraps in a glass baking dish or bowl and cover with water. Soak for 30 minutes or so.
- Preheat grill to about 350 degrees.
- Lightly rinse halibut fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle fillets generously with sea salt.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together vinegar and oil with a pinch of salt.
- Place cedar wraps on a sheet pan or cutting board and wipe dry with a cloth. Place each fillet on a cedar wrap and drizzle each one with vinaigrette.
- Fold wrap over fish and tie closed with kitchen twine.
- Place wraps on the grill seam-side down first, and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Immediately transfer to a clean plate to catch the juices, which you can pour over the top after it is served.
- Serve with fresh corn on the cob and an arugula salad.