- 6 cups romaine lettuce, rinsed, spun, and chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced (or 1 cup grape tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- ½ cup spring or filtered water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt, to taste
- Place greens onto a platter or individual salad bowls. Decorate greens with tomato slices, cucumber slices, olives, and red onion.
- Drain cashews and discard soaking water.
- Blend cashews in blender or VitaMix with water, garlic, scallions, lemon juice, and umeboshi vinegar until smooth.
- With blender on low speed, add in olive oil and blend until incorporated.
- Add dill, mint, and oregano and blend on low for a few seconds.
- Add a pinch or two of sea salt, if needed, to balance flavors.
- Pour dressing into a bowl or creamer to serve alongside salad.
- Serve with goat feta or homemade tofu feta cheese on the side.