Serve this easy fish dish with some basmati rice and some steamed green beans for an elegant evening meal.
Spend less time cooking and more time kissing!Print
Flaky Crusted Pan-Fried Halibut with Caper White Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 oz halibut fillet
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh basil, chiffonade, for garnish
- Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish.
- Dredge halibut fillet on both sides in flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and hold on a plate.
- Heat heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high flame for about one minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and immediately place halibut in the pan, flesh side down. Turn heat down to medium-low. Cook for 3 minutes without disturbing the fish to allow a crust to form. Turn the fish over so it is skin side down and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove fillet onto a serving plate while making the sauce.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan with the capers. Sauté for about a minute, then add white wine. Let simmer until alcohol cooks off and sauce has reduced by at least one half. Add butter and stir until it is incorporated into the sauce.
- Pour sauce over the fish and garnish with fresh basil.