Creamy Broccoli Soup with Fresh Rosemary is easy to prepare and deeply nourishing!
This soup can be varied according to what vegetables you have on hand– substitute carrots, winter squash, sweet corn, or zucchini for the broccoli if you wish.
Also, feel free to use a light vegetable stock (without tomatoes) or homemade chicken stock instead of water for a richer soup. Let me know what variations you come up with.Print
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch unrefined sea salt
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- spring or filtered water
- unrefined sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In large soup pot, sauté onion in olive oil and a pinch of sea salt until soft. Add broccoli and rosemary and sauté a few minutes more.
- Add enough water to barely cover the broccoli, cover, and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Puree with food mill, blender, or immersion blender. Season to taste with sea salt. Simmer for another 5 minutes to let salt incorporate into the dish.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.