- 3 medium, ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- up to 1 can full-fat coconut milk, divided
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- fresh mint leaves and/or dried coconut flakes, for garnish
- Place mango, the creamy solid part of the coconut milk, lime zest and juice, maple syrup, and salt in blender. Start blending, and then add some of the liquid part of the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a smooth texture. You want the mixture to be thick like a pudding.
- Refrigerate in glass container for at least 1 hour to thicken. Before serving, beat air into the mousse using a whisk or an electric mixer to make the mousse extra light. Serve in dessert dishes or small teacups. Garnish with fresh mint or coconut flakes.