- 2 cups fresh coconut, thinly sliced (1/4 inch)
- 1 cup fresh ripe mango, thinly sliced (1/4 inch)
- 1 cup abalone mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresno chili pepper, thinly sliced – best to use a mandolin
- 1 habanero, minced (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
“Leche de Tigre” (Ceviche Liquid)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- Roughly chop abalone mushrooms, sprinkle with salt, and massage until the mushrooms break down and begin to change texture. Double rinse the mushrooms and set aside. Combine the coconut, mango, mint, cucumber and peppers in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, salt, and agave nectar to make the “Leche de Tigre.”
- Add “Leche de Tigre” to salad and toss until it is well incorporated.
- For an elegant presentation, press salad gently into a ramekin, invert onto serving plate, and top with sliced avocado.
- Serve immediately.