Here is one of my favorite salad dressings that I use on simple garden salads, buddha bowls, and even tacos! It goes especially well with any dish including avocados, such as my Southwestern Summer Salad! Cilantro lime dressing is best made in a blender to get a smooth texture and beautiful green color.
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi (ume plum) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari, Eden brand recommended
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- spring or filtered water
- Blend all ingredients except water in blender until smooth.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time if a thinner dressing is desired.
Want to learn how to make delicious, healthy food while meeting new people? Chef Rachel’s current class schedule is available here.