Cilantro lime dressing is of my favorite salad dressings that I use on simple salads, buddha bowls, and even tacos!
It goes especially well with any dish including avocados, such as my Southwestern Summer Salad! And recently I made a chickpea salad with avocado and tomato, and cilantro lime dressing was the perfect match.
To get a smooth texture and beautiful green color, it’s best to make cilantro lime dressing in a blender. You can use the leaves and tender stems of the cilantro. Just trim off the roots and tough stems at the ends of the bunch.Print
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi (ume plum) vinegar or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- spring or filtered water
- Blend all ingredients except water in blender until smooth.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time if a thinner dressing is desired.
- Add 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- Use lemon juice in place of lime juice
- Add some lime zest (1/2 lime) for extra lime flavor