This salad is perfect for holiday gatherings!
- 4 cups mixed field greens or baby arugula
- 4 dried figs, soaked in warm water
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 kumquats, thinly sliced (optional)
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange or tangerine juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 small clove fresh garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse and spin dry mixed greens. Place on large platter or into large salad bowl. Drain figs and slice thinly, removing any tough stems. Decorate greens with fig slices, pomegranate seeds, avocado chunks, and toasted pecan halves. Garnish with kumquat slices, if desired.
- Whisk together all ingredients except olive oil. Gradually whisk in olive oil, one drop at a time, until well incorporated.