- 1 small or 1/2 large fresh fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups mixed field greens with baby arugula
- up to 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- up to 2 tablespoons citrus-infused olive oil (or good quality extra-virgin olive oil)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 fresh figs, sliced in quarters
- 1 small avocado, cut into chunks
- slices of 1 orange or 2 clementines
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds (toasted and salted)
- In a small bowl, mix together fennel, orange juice, olive oil, and sea salt. Allow fennel to marinate for at least 20 minutes. This step can also be done up to one day ahead, storing the fennel mixture covered in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the salad.
- Rinse and spin dry mixed greens. Spread evenly onto large platter or into large salad bowl.
- Drizzle greens with balsamic vinegar and citrus-infused olive oil. Top greens with marinated fennel, figs, avocado, orange or clementine slices, and Marcona almonds.