I created this recipe to use at “foodie week” at my daughter’s summer camp last year.
The children learned how to make Healthy and Delicious Spring Rolls, Almond Butter Dipping Sauce, and homemade smoothies, which they served out of hand-made “food trucks” to the parents at the end of the week.
Below is the recipe for the dipping sauce, which is creamy, tangy, and a little salty. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup almond butter, Once And Again brand recommended
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons spring or filtered water
- 2 teaspoons tamari, Eden brand recommended
- 2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until smooth and sugar is dissolved