I created this recipe for Almond Butter Dipping Sauce for “foodie week” at my daughter’s summer camp last year.
The children learned how to make Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls with this Almond Butter Dipping Sauce, which they served out of hand-made “food trucks” to the parents at the end of the day.
This dipping sauce is vegan and gluten free, using coconut milk, almond butter, tamari or coconut aminos, ume plum vinegar, lime juice, and coconut palm sugar.
Almond Butter Dipping Sauce ingredients
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Serve with Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls.